Blueberry muffins are my absolute favorite but adding lemon zest takes them up a notch. This easy lemon blueberry muffins recipe is so easy, moist, flavorful and so delicious!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Y’all, this easy lemon blueberry muffins recipe is perfect for meyer lemon season. These muffins are moist, packed with blueberries and a hint of lemon flavor, so so good! Making these muffins is a breeze and only require one bowl. I like to make a double batch and freeze them so I always have a quick breakfast.
What you need
How to make
First preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest for 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and eggs. Next, alternating between the flour and milk, add in the batter. Fold in the blueberries.
Scoop the batter into the muffin tin then top with the cinnamon streusel. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees then drop the temperature to 350 and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Muffins with Streusel
These muffins have a streusel topping which make them even more delicious. If streusel really isn’t your thing, you can definitely skip that part. Don’t worry the muffins will still be just as good.
Tips for moist muffins
- Pull all of your ingredients out a head of time so they are at room temperature.
- Be sure no to over mix as the muffins will be dense.
- Coat the blueberries in a teaspoon of flour and toss. This will ensure the blueberries don’t sink to the bottom of the muffin.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Moist blueberry muffins with a hint of bright lemon flavor.
Lemon Blueberry Muffin
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- Zest of one Lemon
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, all purpose flour and cinnamon together until crumbly. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Remove a teaspoon of flour and coat the blueberries with it. Set Aside.
3. In a stand mixer, mix together the lemon zest, sugar and softened butter for about 2 minutes. Add in egg one at a time, then vanilla and mix.
4. Next, add in the flour and milk in stages, alternating between the two, starting and stopping with flour. Fold in the floured blueberries.
5. Scoop the muffin batter into the liners, filling about 3/4 of the way. Spoon the streusel over the top of the batter. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes then lower the temp back down to 350 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. Serve with softened butter or by itself and enjoy!