The best easy double chocolate Bundt cake you’ll ever have. This recipe is moist, decadent and oh so chocolaty. Talk about the ultimate chocolate bundt cake!
This chocolate bundt cake recipe has a moist chocolaty crumb, fudgy and topped with a simple chocolate ganache. If you love chocolate desserts, this one is for you!
Moist Chocolate Bundt Cake
If you’re searching for the best chocolate Bundt cake then look no further because this is the only double chocolate Bundt cake recipe you’ll ever need. Seriously! It’s that good. I think this is one of the recipes I’m most proud of. Not because it’s a quick and simple bundt cake recipe but because I’ve been trying to nail a perfect chocolate Bundt cake for a while now. This recipe is everything you’ll want in a chocolate cake recipe and some. It’s easy, delicious, moist and so damn fudgy.
How to make a Bundt cake
To make the best Bundt cake ever, you’ll want to start out with room temperature ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the dry ingredients until well combined. Add in the eggs then mix until fully combined. Now add in the wet ingredients and mix until combined but be sure to not overmix. Pour the batter into a 10-cup Bundt pan and cake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Can you freeze a Bundt cake?
Absolutely! If you plan to freeze a Bundt cake, wrap tightly in plastic wrap then place in a freezer safe bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, thaw on the counter at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
What to serve with chocolate bundt cake
Now this cake is delicious all on it’s own but if you’re feeling a lil fancy here are some things you can serve with this cake:
- Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream
- Fresh Strawberries
- Cup of Milk
Tips for the perfect bundt cake
- Start out with room temperature ingredients.
- Be sure not to overmix.
- Let the bundt cake cool for 8-10 minutes in the pan before flipping over to remove.
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
So this cake is absolutely perfect with the rich and velvety chocolate ganache glaze. If that’s not really your thing, you can certainly just dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar or leave plain. However you decide to serve it, it will be so good.
Looking for similar recipes?
Easy Double Chocolate Cake
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 10-cup bundt cake pan
- 1 Stand Mixer
- 1 Spatula
- Non- Stick Baking spray
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Chopped Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. In a liquid measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted. Set aside. In a separate cup, heat water for 30-40 seconds, then set aside. 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder until fully combined. 4. Add in eggs, one at a time being sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next. 5. Mix in the remaining wet ingredients, the melted butter, hot water, sour cream and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with the rubber spatula and mix until fully combined. 6. Pour the batter into a 10 cup bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Heat heavy cream in the microwave until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Mix until smooth and combined.