This is the perfect recipe to use up those ripe bananas you have laying around. This double crunch pecan banana bread is the perfect addition to any breakfast menu.
Banana bread is definitely one of my favorite breakfast pastries. Not only is it perfect for those busy weekday mornings, it’s also perfect for those lazy weekend mornings with a nice cup of coffee. This banana bread is perfectly moist, has the perfect amount of banana flavor and topped with a crunchy pecan streusel.
Ingredients for moist banana bread
- Ripe bananas
- Unsalted butter
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole Milk
- Sour Cream
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
How to make the best banana bread
This recipe is the perfect way to use ripe bananas. To make this double crunch pecan banana bread your going to want to grab a loaf pan, two bowls and all of your ingredients. Make the streusel topping first so it’s ready to go once you are done with the batter.
In the first bowl add the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together for about one minute. Next add in the eggs and mix until full combined, followed by mashed bananas. For this next part, your going to alternate between the wet and dry ingredients until all is combined. So start with the dry, then wet then dry. Pour into greased loaf pan, top with streusel topping and bake for about 45-50 minutes.
Tips for making banana bread
- Use super ripe bananas– The riper the banana, the sweeter it is going to be. This will give your banana bread such a great flavor.
- If you don’t have sour cream, use yogurt. This will also help make and keep the banana bread moist.
- Use a separate bowl. If you don’t want any small chunks of banana if your banana bread, use a separate bowl to smash the ripe banana before adding it the the batter.
How to quickly ripen bananas
The best and quickest way to ripen bananas for banana bread is to bake them in the oven. This method is super easy and works when you don’t have ripened bananas on hand. Simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper then lay the number of bananas you need on the baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes or until the peel is black and soft to the touch.
I decided to make a double crunch pecan streusel for this recipe because why not! I feel like pecans and bananas go so well together. This streusel is made with brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, pecans, flour and butter. It’s perfectly sweet, crunchy and the perfect topping for banana bread.
Looking for more loaf recipes?
Double Crunch Pecan Banana Bread
Moist banana bread topped with a brown sugar and pecan crunchy streusel.
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas about 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the streusel topping first by mixing together the brown sugar, sugar, all purpose flour, butter, cinnamon and chopped nuts. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter, oil, sugar and brown sugar together for 1 minute.
4. Add in the eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas and milk together until combined.
5. Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix into the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
6. Add the batter into a 1 pound loaf pan then top with the streusel topping.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.