Looking for a last minute gift idea for the holidays? This DIY Hot Chocolate Gift Box is the perfect gift for anyone this holiday season. The box is loaded with several varieties of hot chocolate, candy canes, peppermint bar and dipped cookie bars.
About this DIY Hot Chocolate Gift Box
I could not wait to share this great gift box idea with y’all! You can seriously make it your own and it makes the perfect gift for anyone! I made this box unique by adding the hot chocolate and marshmallows into tubes with a cute little cork. I also a few peppermint bark candies, mini candy canes and some homemade cookie bars.
Ingredients you will need
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Non- Fat Dry Milk Powder
How to Make
This recipe is so simple! Measure out each ingredient in a bowl, stir until fully combined. Then simply measure out into whatever gifting container you will use.
Hot Chocolate Variations
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate : Add a few crushed peppermints on the top of your hot chocolate gifting jar.
- White Chocolate Hot Chocolate: Add a few white chocolate chips to the hot chocolate container.
- Mocha Hot Chocolate: Add a 1/4 teaspoon of instant espresso to the hot chocolate container.
- Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate: Add semi- sweet or dark chocolate chips to your hot chocolate.
What to include in the diy gift box
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Candy– I chose mini candy canes and peppermint bark but you could certainly add in Hershey kisses, Mini Kit Kats, or whatever you’d like.
- Marshmallows: I used mini marshmallows as they fit perfectly in the tube.
- Cookies: I made my chocolate chip cookie recipe, spread the batter on to a sheet pan and baked it. Once the bars were cooled, I cut them into 2- inch bars. You could also use Fudge Oreos, Butter cookies or whatever cookie you’d like to include to make someone’s day.
How to build your gift box
Putting together this Hot Chocolate gift box is super simple! I’ll list everything I used and go over how I put it all together.
- Plastic Tubes with Cork top: I filled the hot chocolate mixture up about 1/2- 3/4 of the way up to leave room for any add-ons like chocolate chips.
- Stuffing: Because presentation is everything, I bought this stuffing paper from Target for $2.
- Boxes: I would recommend either small t-shirt boxes or a box that will accommodate the size packaging for the hot chocolate mix.
- Ribbon: Any type of festive ribbon will do here. Also, don’t forget the gift tags.
- Cookie Bags: I used these to wrap the cookies in to keep them fresh. Also these bags were so cute and went perfectly with the boxes.
DIY Hot Chocolate Gift Idea
Easy hot chocolate gift box idea with candy, cookies and delicious hot cocoa mix.
- 2 cup Non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 cup Powered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Powdered Creamer
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Divide into individual containers for gifting.