A creamy vanilla cheesecake with caramel apple topping. A decadent dessert that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Move over plain cheesecake, this Creamy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe is coming for the top spot and rightfully so. If you like the caramel apple cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory, you’re in for a real treat. Made with Superfresh Growers Autumn Glory Apples, which have a subtle sweetness with notes of caramel and cinnamon making it the perfect type of apple for this cheesecake. This cheesecake has a caramel apple mixture sitting on top of a graham cracker crust then topped with a luscious cheesecake filling. To really take this apple cheesecake over the top, more Autumn Glory Apples are layered on the top of the cheesecake along with a generous drizzle of caramel.
Autumn Glory Apples
- Super Crunchy and Juicy
- Subtle Notes of Cinnamon and Caramel
- GMO Free
- Grown exclusively by Superfresh Growers
This recipe is easy so don’t let the few additional steps intimidate you, I promise those few extra steps are so worth it. I did make a homemade caramel for the cheesecake however that’s totally optional. Store bought caramel will still work and be delicious as well. You’ll need a few ingredients like cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream and of course Autumn Glory Apples just to name a few.
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Superfresh Autumn Glory Apples: These apples are a perfect match for this recipe. The natural caramel-y flavor goes so well with the addition of caramel sauce.
- Cream Cheese: You’ll want to use full fat cream cheese here.
- Sour Cream: Again, full fat sour cream is best here. This will help give the cheesecake it’s silky texture.
- Granulated Sugar: The perfect amount of sugar that doesn’t make the cheesecake overly sweet.
- Eggs: This will help thicken the cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds warm and delicious flavor that pairs well with the apples.
- Cinnamon: Just a little bit here because the apples are boasting with a natural cinnamon flavor.
- Salt: Just a pinch to help round out the sweetness of the cheesecake.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Combined with butter and sugar to make the base for our dessert.
- Caramel: Again, store-bought or homemade works in this recipe. Whichever you prefer.
How to make Apple Cheesecake
You’ll want to start out by preheating your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Since we are making a cheesecake, we will need a water bath. Fill a casserole dish halfway up with water and place on the bottom rack of the oven. This will help create a steamy oven and result in a perfect cheesecake. I prefer this method over placing the entire cheesecake in the water bath because I never have to worry about water leaking into my springform pan.
In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together until well combined. Pour the crust into a 9 inch springform pan. Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes then set aside. Dice one apple and mix with caramel sauce then set aside. Once the crust is cool, pour the apple/caramel mixture over the crust. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and sugar followed by eggs, sour cream, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Once fully combined, pour over the crust. Bake for 65-75 minutes then turn oven off and allow cheesecake to sit in the oven for 45 minutes- 1 hour. Remove then let cool. Allow to cool in the fridge for 3 hours before serving. Before serving, top with cinnamon/ caramel apples and additional caramel. Enjoy!
Storing Caramel Apple Cheesecake
To keep your cheesecake fresh, store in a airtight container in the refrigerator. Cheesecake will stay fresh for up to 3 days if properly wrapped.
Looking for more cheesecake recipes?
Check out this Strawberry Cheesecake.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 32 ounces Full Fat Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1 c Granulated Sugar
- ¾ c Sour Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- ½ t Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Autumn Glory Apples (Peeled, cored and Sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Caramel Sauce
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 teaspoon Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
Caramel Diced Apples
- 1 Autumn Glory Apple (Peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 tablespon Caramel
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grab a 9×13 casserole dish and fill halfway up with water, place on the bottom rack of the oven. This will create a steamy oven for the cheesecake and will help it cook evenly. 2. In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together until well combined. Pour into a non-stick 9-inch springform pan. Press the crust evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes then allow to cool. 3. While the crust is baking, make the caramel by bringing sugar to a boil in a heavy bottomed pot. Be sure to keep an eye on it as it can easily burn. Cook until the sugar has become a deep amber color, remove from heat then add the diced butter. Whisk in until fully combined, then add in the heavy cream. Mix until fully combined, set aside and allow to cool. 4. Peel, core, and dice one apple. Evenly layer the apples onto the crust and drizzle with caramel sauce. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time being careful not to overmix. Add in vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon. Lastly, fold in the sour cream then mix until fully combined. Pour the batter into the spring form pan. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until sides are set and middle is slightly jiggly. Once the cheesecake is done, turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for an additional 45 minutes. Remove from the oven then allow to cool on the counter for an additional 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 3 hours. 5. Peel, core, and slice 2 apples. Place into a medium heavy bottomed pot with cinnamon and lemon juice, mix to combine. Cook until apples have softened, about 5 minutes. Add a tablespoon of caramel to the apples then mix. 6. When ready to serve, release the cheesecake from the springform ring. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the cheesecake then spoon caramel apples over the caramel. Drizzle the entire cheesecake with caramel sauce. 7. Enjoy!