A creamy cheesecake filling baked on a moist fudgy brownie bottom is what this Black Bottom Cheesecake Recipe is made of. The ultimate cheesecake recipe.
Looking for the ultimate brownie cheesecake recipe? Well you certainly came to the right place! Combining two of my favorite things, oh yes please! This recipe starts out with a fudgy brownie bottom layer then gets topped with a creamy and delicious cheesecake layer.
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
This cheesecake isn’t your typical cheesecake, there isn’t a graham cracker crust but instead a fudgy brownie crust. For this recipe, I used a boxed brownie mix but you can certainly make the brownies from scratch. Now if you’re looking for a cheesecake recipe with a graham cracker crust, check out this Sweet Potato Cheesecake or Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake. I prefer to use Ghirardelli’s boxed brownie mix because I think it is superior to all over brownie mixes, but feel free to use whichever kind you’d like.
Ingredients for Brownie Cheesecake
- Brownie Mix: Of course you’ll need to grab your favorite brand of boxed brownie mix, like I mentioned earlier, Ghirardelli is what I used in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: Be sure to use full fat cream cheese.
- Sour Cream: We want a creamy cheesecake and adding sour cream helps the texture.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds Flavor
- Eggs: Helps add structure to the cheesecake.
Tips for perfect cheesecake
Here are a few tips that I swear by when making cheesecake.
- Always use room temperature cream cheese. I like to pull my cream cheese out at least an hour beforehand.
- When combining the cheesecake ingredients be sure not to over-mix. Over-mixing will add too much air to the cheesecake causing air bubbles.
- Pre-bake the brownie mix for 10-15 minutes. Baking too longe could create a dry brownie!
Now you can certainly leave the black bottom cheesecake recipe plain but I think adding a chocolate ganache layer really is needed. The ganache is rich and decadent and the perfect chocolate topping for cheesecake. I prefer to use semi-sweet but milk or dark chocolate works here also. Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit to really wow your guests.
Boxed Brownie Mix
As I stated earlier, you can definitely use a homemade brownie recipe for the cheesecake bottom but for the sake of time, this recipe calls for a boxed brownie mix. I highly suggest any of the Ghirardelli Brownie Mixes if you can find them or Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge.
Black Bottom Cheesecake
- Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- 9 inch Spring Form Pan
- 1 Boxed Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Eggs 1 egg for brownie mix, 2 for cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick baking spray.2. In a medium bowl, mix brownie mix as instructed. Use 1 egg, water and vegetable oil for the mix. Bake in the springform pan for 10 minutes. 3. While the brownie layer is par baking, make the cheesecake layer. Start out by mixing the cream cheese and sugar together in a stand mixer for 1 minute.4. Add in vanilla, eggs and sour cream. Mix until well combined. 5. Pour the cheesecake batter directly over the brownie layer. Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges of the cheesecake is set and the middle is slightly jiggly.
Where is the recipe for the cheesecake?