Flaky, buttery croissants are soaked in a vanilla custard then tossed with blueberries and almonds then baked until golden. The result is a truly perfect baked blueberry almond croissant french toast.
Weekends around my house are quite busy so I’m always on the lookout for a quick and easy breakfast that takes no time. That’s why I love this recipe for baked french toast, it’s so easy and no fuss. Usually when I make this recipe, I prep everything the night before then throw it in the fridge to be baked the next morning. Not only is this recipe perfect for any weekend, it would also make a great Mother’s Day Brunch recipe.
Ingredients for Baked French Toast
- Croissants ( Large or Small)
- Whole Milk
Overnight French Toast Directions
If your using larger croissants, start by cutting them in half then layer in a 9×13 dish. Grab a separate bowl and whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla together. Pour over the croissants then evenly distribute the blueberries and almonds in the baking dish. From here you have two options, bake it the same day or the following day. If your planning on baking the casserole the next morning, keep it covered in the fridge with plastic wrap until ready to bake. If baking that same day, cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about an hour. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, place the pan in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
What to top Blueberry Almond French Toast with
Of course you can always top your French toast with warm maple syrup which is always delicious, but here are a few other suggestions.
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Blueberry Preserves
- Softened Butter
How long will Overnight French toast stay fresh
If properly wrapped and stored, the Blueberry Almond French Toast will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2 days. Tightly wrap your casserole dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil then place in the fridge.
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
Baked Blueberry Almond Croissant French Toast
A quick and easy breakfast casserole with flaky croissants that's sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 16 Mini Croissants
- 2 c Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
1. Butter a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Cut each croissant in half then layer evenly in the casserole dish. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Pour over the croissants being sure to press the croissants in the custard. Add in the blueberries and almonds.
3. Cover with plastic wrap then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the casserole for 35 minutes covered with foil then for additional 10-15 minutes uncovered.
5. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!