Moist apple spice bundt cake with grated fresh apples is the perfect way to kick off the fall season. So easy to make and packed with flavor.
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year! Bring on the apple flavored things, the crisp air, the big cozy sweaters and just all the things fall. This bundt cake has a moist and fluffy crumb, loaded with grated apples and topped with a maple cinnamon glaze, it’s the perfect fall dessert.
Ingredients you need for a bundt cake
- Unsalted Butter: Butter is what gives this cake it’s buttery flavor.
- All Purpose Flour: I used all purpose flour to keep hold the heaviness of the apples.
- Baking Soda + Baking Powder: We need both to give this bundt cake the perfect amount of rise.
- Brown Sugar + Sugar: A mixture of brown and white sugar works great in this recipe. Plus the brown sugar keeps it moist.
- Salt: Always add salt to balance out the sweet.
- Eggs: Use room temperature eggs. I like to pull the eggs out about 30-40 minutes prior to baking.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla adds that warm delicious flavor we want.
- Grated Apples: I like to grate the apples so you’re not biting into apple chunks. You could also finely chop them.
- Apple Pie Spice: Warm spices really take this over the top.
- Sour Cream: This bundt cake needs to be moist and sour cream makes it perfectly moist and fluffy.
- Cinnamon Glaze (see recipe card)
How to make apple bundt cake
To make this moist bundt cake recipe, you’ll want to grab a 10-12 cup bundt pan and spray generously with non-stick baking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees than gather your ingredients.
Cream the softened butter, brown sugar and sugar together for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Next, add eggs one at a time being sure each egg is incorporated before the next addition. Alternating between the wet and dry ingredients, add half of the flour mixture then half of the sour cream. Mix until combined then repeat. Lastly, fold in the grated apples with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Storing a homemade bundt cake
Having a bundt cake cover certainly comes in handy when storing your cake. If you dont have one, no big deal! Depending on when I’m serving this bundt cake, I usually will wrap the entire bundt cake in plastic wrap and then again in aluminum foil. If I plan on eating a few slices now and a few later, I’ll slice up the entire cake and indivudally wrap them. I do this but wrapping each slice in plastic wrap, then in aluminum then placing all the slices in a freezer bag. The frozen apple spice bundt cake can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Looking for more Bundt Cake Recipes?
Easy Apple Spice Bundt Cake
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Eggs Room Temperature
- 3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granny Smith Apples Finely Chopped or Grated
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons Milk Add more if too thick
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-12 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. 2. Cream the softened butter, brown sugar and sugar together for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Next, add eggs one at a time being sure each egg is incorporated before the next addition. 3. Alternating between the wet and dry ingredients, add half of the flour mixture then half of the sour cream. Mix until combined then repeat. 4. Lastly, fold in the grated or finely chopped apples with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and cinnamon together until well combined. Pour over cooled cake.